This is how you can configure your KDS Settings.
Please keep in mind that these setting changes are SPECIFIC TO EACH DEVICE
How to access your KDS Settings:
- Auto Text on Fulfillment: Customers will receive a text once their order is fulfilled letting them know it is ready. Great for pickup locations. This needs to also be toggled on the zone level as well. Click here to learn how.
- Expo Station: Toggle ON, IF it’s the only KDS in operation at the venue or you are setting up the Expo station KDS
- Batch Orders: Orders from the same spot within this time will display together on the KDS.
- Bump Fully Prepped Items on Expo: When a station marks an item as prepared, on the expo the fully prepared ticket will move to the top of the KDS regardless of when the order was placed.
- Use Short Name: Uses product short name
- Show Prices: Display the price of items on the order card
- Show Multi Items Panel By Default: This button is a way of configuring, upon opening the KDS, whether you see the duplicate orders drawer (blue drawer on the right side of the KDS) automatically or if you have to click it in order for it to be open. If enabled, the Multi-items bar on the KDS will appear by default. If disabled, it will appear collapsed by default.
- Audio Alert (Incoming Orders): Turn on if you want an alert to sound every time an order comes in
- Inactivity Audio Warning: This will let you know that an order has been unfulfilled or unattended for the duration of your setting. Essentially, the KDS will make noise for X seconds if an order is unfulfilled.
- Show Held Orders: When coursing is enabled, you can choose to show or hide future coursed items. If coursed items are enabled to be shown, they will appear on the KDS and have a purple shading at the top of the ticket indicating they do not need to be prepped yet.
- Hide Scheduled Dine-In Orders: Hides scheduled dine-in orders from appearing on this display
- Show up to (Scheduled Orders): How much time do you want in advance for a scheduled order to display (i.e. 1 hour, 1 day, 5 days, etc.)
- Hide Overdue Orders After: You can hide orders once they are overdue
- Simple Ticket Timer(count up): Counts up from the intended prep time
- Prep Time Intervals
- Print Settings: This gives you the ability to print on dispatch. In other words, when you fulfill order on the KDS, instead of having it print right away when it’s placed, it will only print after it's fulfilled on the KDS. A use case here would be when you need chits printed for runners, but you don’t want your printer overwhelmed. You can have the orders come into the KDS with a printer next to it, choose that printer so that when you fulfill an order a chit prints and you give it to the runner.