Share a tab, join a tab, open tabs, texting tabs
Feature Definition: Sharing an open tab
Benefits: Having your entire party on one open tab will vastly improve your dining experience. Place orders at the same time and cover the tab for the table or split the payment with friends at the end of the dining experience.
The first step to sharing a tab is opening a tab. please review our "How to Open a Tab" article if you need guidance to open a tab: https://success.gotab.io/knowledge/open-a-tab.
If you open a tab from the checkout screen there are 2 ways to share a this tab. We will cover these first as they are the most simple. If you open a tab from the initial landing page, however, there is a 3rd method for sharing this tab. All methods will be covered presently.
1. Text the Tab (Tab opened from "Checkout" page) - Once you have an open tab and are browsing the menu, click the 3 horizontal lines in the top left of your screen to open the categories/menus view:
In the following view, click the "Share" button at the bottom of the screen:
On the screen that follows, simply click the "Copy Link" button to copy your tab URL, and then paste it in any text or chat with your friends!
2. Scan the QR Code (Tab opened from "Checkout" page) - The steps to share a tab via QR code are identical to the steps to share a tab via text with the one exception of the final screen. This time, instead of clicking the "Copy Link" button as displayed above, hold your phone out to a friend and let them scan the QR code that appears on your screen:
As with scanning the QR code on the table, they just have to hover their camera over your screen and a link to the shared tab will appear as a notification on the top of the screen.
3. Open a Tab for the Table (Tab opened from "Landing" page) - The final way to share a tab is to open a "discoverable" tab at your table that your friends can join by scanning the same QR code that you opened the tab from.
If you open a tab from the initial landing page (below) you will see a screen that allows you to define the parameters of that tab:
- Tab Name
- Discoverability (allowing others to join)
- Tab Duration (how long the tab will be discoverable)
Assuming you have checked the box that allows others at the table to join the tab, your friends that scan the QR code on the table will see a new choice before they progress to the menu:
Note: for them to be able to join your tab, they will have to spell your name EXACTLY as you entered it when you first created the tab. This is a security measure to ensure that strangers are not able to join your tab and place orders under your name.