Open Tab Requirement, Order Lead Time, Max Order Days, Scheduling Time Steps, Allowing ASAP Orders, Setting Throttles
Feature Definition: “How to create a Takeout Zone”
When to Use: (Add one or more of the bullet points below)
Benefits: Takeout Service and pre-sales.
To create a new Takeout Zone:
(1) Navigate to the Zones page in the GoTab menu
(2) Select "Takeout"
Scroll down and select "ADD ZONE"
Fill out the New Zone info (definitions of each field are below the screenshot). This info will apply to all spots (QR's) within the zone. Different rules for different spots will require a new zone.
(1) Name of the Zone (for reference purposes - a container for spots (QR's). This could be a specific pickup location IE. East Entrance or Host Stand. Whatever best communicates to the kitchen / expo - it will be printed on the order ticket.
(2) Minimum amount of purchases (in dollars) required to place an order.
(3) Tip scale. You can make different tip scales per zone or you can leave it blank which will default to the master tip scale in location configurations.
(4) Requires the customer to have a phone number and verified CC on file. Takeout does not allow open tabs. Orders must be paid before tickets print (or pop up on the KDS) at your location.
(5) A brief message when the Zone is off should the guest try to place orders after hours.
(6) A pre-filled message in the notes before the guest writes their own (guests can write openly in this section before checking out which will print on tickets and display on the KDS.
(7) Customized, binary checkbox prompts for the guest checkout page (napkins, sauce, etc.)
(8) Allows open text field for guests to write freely during checkout. Prints on tickets, and displays on the KDS.
(9) Time needed to fulfill when the guest places an order.
(10) Furthest ahead takeout orders can be placed.
(11) Interval selections while guest is ordering: 5, 10, 15, 30 mins.
(12) Allows immediate orders with 0 lead time.
(13) Allows the guest to switch spots to a takeout spot and place takeout orders. If this is off they will have to scan a QR to order from that spot - they won't be able to find it from the master location page.
For a zone to be functional you MUST make a spot.
Navigate to spots on the Zones page:
(1) Click "Manage Spots"
(2) Click "+" Symbol
Single Spot creation tool: Makes your QR codes - accessed on the QR's page.
(1) Select "Single Spot" (creates 1 QR) or "Multi Spots" (creates batch QR's)
(2) Name your spot
(3) "Confirm" to save changes or "Reset" to start over.
Multi Spots batch creation tool: Make multiple QR's at once.
(1) Select "Multi Spots"
(2) Name your Spot "Spot Prefix" and designate number of spots
(3) Name the "Spot Prefix" and enter a Start / End number of Spots.
- Fields (9) and (11) above can be used for order throttling.
- Navigate to the "Links & QRs" page in the GoTab menu to access your new Spot QR's.
- See more information about Spot Management.