Adding a New User, Creating a PIN, Sending a PIN, Editing User Permissions
You can allow your staff to access the GoTab manager dashboard and determine which elements of the GoTab platform each individual should have access to.
Benefits: By restricting who has access to the GoTab Manager dashboard, you can ensure that your system is secure and only essential employees have the correct permission to make changes to the platform. Take your security one step further by using our audit log to see which user made which change.
Adding a new user and assigning users a personal pin number is extremely simple. Follow these simple steps to get your staff up and running in no time:
1. Navigate to the Manager Dashboard on your web browser (gotab.com/manager)
2. Scroll down on the left navigation bar until you see the tab "Users"
3. Select "Add New User" on the right side of your screen
4. Enter the Name, Email, and Personal Cell of the person you want to have access to GoTab. Then check the boxes next to the permissions you want that person to have. The main relevant permissions are listed below. You can and should give users more than one permission. For example, a location admin should have both Manage & Control.
Manage: Basic manager permission. Allows users to refund, update menu, see financials, add display systems, and more
Control: Highest permission. Should be given to the primary manager and other admin
Server: Lowest permission. Only allows a staff member to take orders
5. Click confirm. This new user will now be able to access GoTab by going to gotab.com/manager and logging in with their name and cell phone (entered exactly as you entered them into the system).
Note: If you selected "send user a text to prompt verification" then the user will receive a text message with a link allowing them to prompt verification.
You can resend the user a text by clicking "resend verification text." This option will only appear if the user has not yet verified their account.
Once a user is in the system you can always go back and change their access level. To do this navigate back to the users page and select the pencil icon next to the user you want to edit:
After clicking the pencil icon, there are a few key functions you can do with a user.
- Add permission + remove permission
- Attach New User Role: This is a must if you are using our labor function
- Assign a pin number
- A pin number must be assigned to all users. It is important to note pin numbers are not stored anywhere in GoTab. We recommend keeping a running log of pin numbers in case a user forgets theirs or to be sure you never assign someone the same pin number.
- We recommend using the last 4 digits of the users cell phone number or their birthday.
To create a new user role, click "user roles" on the top right corner of the users page.
You can then add a new role and wage associated with the role.
If you need to change the wage for a specific user you can do so on their user: